Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been receiving the update to Android 4.4 KitKat. The update for your device is now available through either Kies or the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant. The update isn’t yet rolling out over-the-air. That means that in order to get it, you’ll have to connect your phablet to a computer and use either Samsung’s Kies desktop software or Verizon’s Upgrade Assistant to download and install the new bits via cable.
If you have Kies already installed on your computer, a simple plug-in of your device to your computer with Kies open should prompt you to download and install the update. If you would rather use Verizon’s Software Upgrade Assistant (SUA), you will need to access the SUA after plugging in your device through either Explorer.
Guide to Update Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
This shows you how to install the Samsung Upgrade Assistant on your computer PC.
Ensure that the following system requirements are met prior to installation:
- Windows XP (SP1 or SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, MAC OS 10.6 and later versions.
- PIII 1000 MHz CPU or higher
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- At least 3 GB of available hard drive space
- VGA 1024×768 or higher
- USB cable
- High-speed Internet connection
Step by Step:
1. Ensure the wireless device is powered on then connect it to a compatible computer using the supplied USB cable. When tethered, an Autoplay pop up will open automatically on the computer.
2. From the AutoPlay pop up window, click Run VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant_installer. (If the AutoPlay pop up window is not available, use Windows Explorer to locate the VZWSUA.exe file.)
3. When prompted that Software is available for your device, click Yes.
4. The software begins the download process.
5. Once the download process is complete, the installation process begins.
6. When prompted to check for the availability of software updates, click Install Now.
7. The software upgrade download process begins.
8. The software upgrade install process begins.
9. When the Installation process is complete, click Close.
10. Click the Software Upgrade Assistant tray icon to launch the Software Upgrade Assistant.